Do you want to work on Applications viewed/used by the whole country? Do you want to work on exciting projects? 35 hour working week? Great diverse working environment? Yes to all of the above?
Then I have a great opportunity for you!
Currently recruiting for Software Engineering Team Leads! - (Android Engineering - Mobile News)
You will help expand our clients mobile
app teams in London. You will have a leading role in an engineering team responsible for Mobile News that delivers an intuitive and engaging experience to millions of audiences.
They aspire to be the best so that they can engineer outstanding digital products, at scale. Working there in an engineering role means being part of a world-class team and a chance to do the most meaningful work of your career
Android Software Engineering Team Leads responsibilities:
- Key role in leading a multidisciplinary team
- Work with cross discipline partners to plan and commit to quarterly deliverables
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to align with goals and mission
- Line management responsibilities for 4/5 engineers
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding new team members
- Mentor and develop team members and peers to help them to reach their potential
- Inspire and motivate the team to help them deliver a world class streaming experience
- Build, maintain and evolve a Mobile News App
- Play a key role in the technical direction of Mobile News
- Advocate new technologies and approaches to ensure our products are industry leading
- Provide domain expertise across the mobile teams
- Ensure a high standard of engineering excellence within our product
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Have the ability to lead, coach mentor and line manage a team of 4 engineers
- Have experience working with cross discipline peers including Product Managers, Delivery Mangers and Design Leads
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in an organisation
- Strong Android experience, with deep understanding of Android app architecture and design idioms
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java
- Strong understanding of OOP, analysis and decoupled design
- Demonstrable understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Experience of source control systems such as Git
- A track record of producing maintainable code within collaborative environments
- Ability to rapidly acquire new software skills and to work with new technologies
What can they offer you? Well…Excellent career progression, unrivalled training and development opportunities, a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.