Application Support Engineer
Our client a leading financial services client that focuses predominantly on commodities and the forex market are looking an Application Support Engineer on a permanent basis. You will work in the pricing team and will be responsible for supporting the Pricing and Risk Management applications used by the Global desk.
The successful Application Support Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Understand business requirements to effectively contribute to the development of solutions and UAT them before release
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis on large data sets with appropriate languages and tools
- Use monitoring and alerting tools to proactively address issues before they arise
- Design and develop in house tooling to help automate frequent tasks
- Design and develop real-time monitoring tools and alerting
- Investigate queries raised by the business in a timely manner communicating or co-opting other teams as required.
- Liaise with the business to ensure they understand the impact of software changes.
- Sign off releases making sure they achieve the stated purpose without side effects.
- Understand and manage Risks in software releases raising flags where appropriate
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values.
Skills and experience we are looking for in the successful Application Support Engineer
- Previous Front Office experience (preferably within Finance)
- Proven operational support experience
- Python or other scripting language
- Excel, SQL Server & T-SQL
- Knowledge of Financial Markets
* Windows and Linux OS
Nice to have's:
- Java, C# or other object orientated language.
- Working in an Agile, Scrum process
- Performance and latency analysis
- Knowledge with containerisation (Kubernetes)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Exposure with distributed messaging / streaming platforms
- Experience with TDD/BDD, testing frameworks
- Knowledge of Relational Databases - SQL databases
In return you will be offered a really competitive package, 17.5%-20% bonus, matched pension, share options, private medical and work with a brand that are genuinely looking to grow this team substantially in the coming years.
If this interesting, then please click apply now!