Do you want to work on Architecture that is used by the whole country? Do you want to work on exciting projects? 35 hour working week? Great diverse working environment? Yes to all of the above?
Then I have a great opportunity for you!
Currently recruiting for a lead architect role for a very successful broadcasting house you will work on the Technology Strategy and Architecture, transforming our clients capabilities and enabling the next generation of broadcast and digital services.
The Lead Architect duties -
- Work collaboratively within a specialised architecture team and assist the Head of Architecture in the creation of Technology Strategy and Architectures which deliver adaptable, scalable platforms.
- Within your specialism, realise the adoption and monitoring of the relevant component(s) of the overall Technology Strategy, Architecture and Forward Plan which will enable our client is making use of new technologies, evolve and transform working practices in a measurable way.
- Understand and own the asset landscape within your specialism - identifying gaps and potential fragilities, and actively develop solutions, including working with external suppliers to align requirements with solutions.
- Recognise the opportunities presented in your area of specialism and take the initiative in solving complex technical problems, identifying, and rapidly pursuing appropriate strategies which deliver business benefit.
- Create, design, and develop solutions, and coordinate efforts with development teams, working within your implementation area.
Skills and experience required:
- Exposure to transformational change in multiple technology and organisation environments.
- Experience of leading projects which transform technology and business processes
- Data and evidence-based approach to decision making with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Able to convey complex information across multiple audiences, including senior and external partners.
- Collaborative, and understanding. Able to work as part of a delivery team.
- Dedicated to connecting across the organisation with an open approach and a willingness to adapt and change.
- Aware of the financial and business implications of your specialist architecture choices and alternatives.
- Negotiating and conflict-handling skills to ensure the best outcome for the organisation in the face of complexity and uncertainty.
The job impact you will have:
- Provides a leadership role in the delivery and application of specialist architecture and design standards; promoting best practice across the business
- Determining value-for-money options for business as usual and emerging technologies.
- This is a leadership role providing technical leadership across programme and product resources; technical delivery resources; an emerging matrix organization and third parties.
- Strategic dimensions: covering transformation mid and long-term (2-5 years).
- People Management: 1 direct reports. Develops, coaches, motivates, energises and inspires fellow team members.
- Oversee the quality of the work performed by members of any project/supplier teams that they lead to ensure it delivers measurable business benefits and maintains integrity with the architecture.
Our client is proud to champion a diverse working environment, offer flexible working, career progression and unrivalled training and development opportunities