Head of Engineering | Web Education Platform | Berlin | €80,000 & Company Shares
develop is a leading contributor to the software engineering community. We partner with the world's most innovative businesses offering product-based solutions for both permanent and contract recruitment objectives.
Our client is a leading educational institution in the field of data and AI. They are currently searching for a Head of Engineering, who will manager the development of both their education platform and its web elements. A generalist with broad knowledge of their techstack (see below) and management/hiring experience would be an ideal candidate. Fluency in German is important.
As Head of Engineering, you will lead the development team. In addition to the CTO, you are the first point of contact for the technical product development of the learning platform and are responsible for the operation and development of the department. You will be a good multitasker and be able to manage, prioritise and co-ordinate between different projects and departments.
- Maintain responsibility for planning and developing the software (platform and web)
- Establish and manage an agile and process-driven development team
- Collaborate with other departments on product features and software projects
- Be a mentor to the team through personal feedback and personnel development
- Be a team-player in cooperatively planning a technology road-map with management
- Recruit new developers with the HR department
- Ensure software quality and efficient implementation of software projects
- Experience in setting up and managing a development team (min. 3-5 years)
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in the implementation of scalable web applications (full stack)
- Deep understanding of system architectures and modern software technologies
- Inspiration and motivational individual with new ideas and strategies
- Good multitasking, planning and prioritization skills adhering to strategic goals
- Professional level fluency in German and English.
- Python Machine Learning Libs (e.g. TensorFlow, SciKit-Learn, etc.)
- Backend: Django / REST / GraphQL
- Jupyter Ecosystem (Notebooks, Hub, Lab)
- Node (NPM)
- Docker, Docker Hub
- Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Slack, Trello
- Responsibility as management, working directly with the CTO.
- Salary of €80.000 and significant company shares.
- Excellent career prospects in an ambitious, fast-growing company in the EdTech and software industry
- Regular training courses and workshops at the highest level as an integral part of your further education. You can also complete our online training courses at any time and train yourself to become a data or AI expert
- Working within a highly motivated and smart culture that promotes self-development.
- An open feedback culture, flexible organisational and level communication structures
- Flexible working hours including mobile work or a state of the art new office in the Bergmannkiez of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Various incentives and gifts such as fresh fruit, a variety of team events and joint activities
For further information about this role, contact Douglas Tang, Recruitment Consultant at