Head of Engineering | Data & AI | Python ML Libs, Backend Frontend... | €90.000 salary negotiable
Our client is a leading educational institution in the field of data and AI. Their clients include well-known customers such as Daimler, Telefónica, Deutsche Bahn or Axel Springer and they have already received several industry awards. They are currently searching for a Head of Engineering.
As Head of Engineering, you will lead the development team. In addition to the CTO, you are the first point of contact for the technical product development of the learning platform and are responsible for the operation and development of the department. You will be a good multitasker and be able to manage, prioritise and co-ordinate between different projects and departments. Your strength lies not only in industry knowledge and implementation of systems but also in the planning, motivation, and management of your team.
- Maintain responsibility for planning and developing the software (platform and web)
- Establish and manage an agile and process-driven development team
- Collaborate with other departments on product features and software projects
- Be a mentor to the team through personal feedback and personal development
- Be a team player in cooperatively planning a technology road-map with management
- Recruit new developers with the HR department
- Ensure software quality and efficient implementation of software projects
- Experience in setting up and managing a development team (min. 3-5 years)
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in the implementation of scalable web applications (full stack)
- Deep understanding of system architectures and modern software technologies
- Inspiration and motivational individual with new ideas and strategies
- Good multitasking, planning and prioritisation skills adhering to strategic goals
- Business level German and English
- Python Machine Learning Libs (e.g. TensorFlow, SciKit-Learn, etc.)
- Backend: Django / REST / GraphQL
- Jupyter Ecosystem (Notebooks, Hub, Lab)
- Node (NPM)
- Docker, Docker Hub
- Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Slack, Trello
- Responsibility as management, working directly with the CTO.
- Significant company shares.
- Excellent career prospects in an ambitious, fast-growing company in the EdTech and software industry
- Regular training courses and workshops at the highest level as an integral part of your further education. You can also complete our online training courses at any time and train yourself to become a data or AI expert
- Working within a highly motivated and smart culture that promotes self-development.
- An open feedback culture, flexible organisational and level communication structures
- Flexible working hours including mobile work or a state of the art new office in the Bergmannkiez of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Various incentives and gifts such as fresh fruit, a variety of team events and joint activities
For further information about this role, click below to contact:
Douglas Tang, Recruitment Consultant
+449302 1783 576