Data Scientist / US / Remote
$130,000 - $190,000
We are looking for an experienced data scientist/machine learning to become part of our brand-new Data Science department. Our business has been running for over 20 years and has a global network of clients and employees spread across 4 continents.
The Data Science arm of the business is set to revolutionize the work we do and service new and existing clients on only greenfield projects. This is an area of the business that we see to have huge potential and we are essentially hiring our future leaders.
You will collaborate with all areas of the business across Engineering, product & business stakeholders to solve a vast range of new and impactful problems.
Role will include:
- Application of statistical, machine learning and econometric models on large datasets
- The designing, execution, and analysis of experiments to quantify the impact of product and operation changes
- Practical experience with data analysis and exploration, especially with diverse data sets
- Capable of applying the latest technologies and methodologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate disparate datasets and events, and derive value.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
What we need:
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering etc)
- A strong background in mathematics, in particular statistics & probability theory, data mining, and machine learning
- 3-5 years of overall professional experience in data science
- Machine learning exposure
- Proficiency in Python/Java
- Data visualization with SQL
- MLOPs frameworks
- ML models
- PowerBI or other data visualisation tools
- A/B testing
- Agile development
- AWS cloud