I am currently recruiting for a Ruby on Rails back-end developer for my Tech4Good client!
The successful backend developer will work on the architecture where the backoffice interacts with their Mobile application and their product
You will be working closely with the VP of engineering and with web engineers and mobile developers.
You will need to integrate SIM Card management, end-of-line testing from their factory (like Tesla) and proactive failure management (detecting potential battery failure for instance) to provide world class customer support to their customers
Day to day the successful Ruby on Rails backend developer will:
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user-experience focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, firmware engineer, hardware engineer to understand business goals, analyse requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
The successful Ruby on Rails backend developer should have the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience in Ruby on Rails development (open to consider someone with exceptional experience building microservices, or with python, or node.js.)
- Proficient AWS experience: S3 , RDS, or event driven architectures
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understand and exercise best practices for web development and software design
Now what can they offer you?
- Highly competitive package with a clear and open salary structure (regular pay reviews)
- 30 days annual leave/ vacation days (exclusive of local bank holidays)
- Their product (and a nice discount for your family, you will be excited to hear what this is)
- Monthly wellbeing budget
- Annual L&D budget
- Monthly remote work fund to set you up for success or co-working subscription if preferred.
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Daily meal allowance
- Having a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
If you have solid ruby on rails experience, please apply with your CV straight away!