Java Developer - London/Remote - up to £55k Bonuses and Benefits!
Our client is a FinTech company before their time and have been established in their industry for almost 50 years! They are one of the world's leading software provides for secured, business-to-business lending software - used worldwide by large retail banks and smaller financial institutions.
The company culture is friendly and supportive, and our client, offers a wide range of benefits including a complete Wellness Plan (health insurance, EAP, Cash Plan, Gym membership, etc.) Our client really focuses on learning and development and strives on presenting their employees with the best possible opportunities and career progression. They heavily believe in supporting the community you work in, and they participate in a wide range of philanthropic efforts.
They are looking for a Java Developer to join their team and you will be expected to:
- Understand the technical composition of the products and focus upon enhancing this through the creation of code that is clear, well designed, testable and efficient
- Support your squad and other members of the company to achieve good quality outcomes
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of your squad to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to
- Write clear, concise, understandable and documented code according to our current standards
- Make sure all code is fully tested
- Undertake peer reviews of coding, QA, throughways etc. in line with our development life-cycle
- Be able to work at our client's offices, from time to time, as required and in line with your ability
- Take responsibility for estimating, planning and managing your own work
- Actively support the Company goals
- Actively support and contribute to Engineering's Manifesto
Our client's requirements for the role are:
- Have a minimum of 3 years' hands-on software development experience
- Proven experience with unit testing
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Proven experience in the programming language being used
- Experience with Atlassian toolset an advantage
- Experience in using Git
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Experience with microservices an advantage
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Understanding of JVM memory management and garbage collection
- Familiarity with key libraries, like JUnit and Jackson.
In return our client are offering a salary of up to £55,000, Private Medical Cover, Family Friendly Policy, Remote Working Policy and Bonuses!
Get applying now as this position will get filled fast!