Mobile games Backend Engineer - Java
Looking for an experienced Back end Engineer to join a fantastic growing startup gaming business, you will maintain and update the back-end of mobile games.
My client has just finialised their funding round, they have recieved investment from some of the worlds biggest gaming companies.
Your technical abilities will allows you to understand an existing code base and quickly implement addition features. Ideally you will have strong background experience and passion for mobile games.
- At least 5-10 years of experience as a Java developer
- Skillful with Spring Boot and/or Python, Vert.x, Kafka
- Strong skills with using DevOps practices to either create own solutions using Docker/Kubernetes or tuning and profiling solutions provided by AWS infrastructure to best suit the business needs.
- Strong knowledge and experience planning, building, and maintaining complex consumer-facing back-end systems.
- Expertise with CI/CD methods and practices.
- Experience with using, optimising, debugging, and profiling PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Redis and other database systems.
- Strong English written and spoken communication skills.
- Passion for solving hard problems.
- Interest in mobile gaming & E-sports.
- Experience working in busy, self-driven environment.
Your technical abilities will allows you to understand an existing code base and quickly implement addition
- Knowledge and previous experience in the games industry is a big bonus.
- experience with creating/maintaining CI/CD pipelines using GitHub.
- Experience with event driven architectures /tools like SQS, Kafka, etc.
What we offer:
- Salary range - €50,000 - €70,000
- A fantastic gaming environment
- Opportunities to work with E-sport/gaming Giants!
- A friendly team based environment.