Technical Delivery Manager (fully remote, UK based)
I am currently working with a trusted global innovator of IT and business services. They believe in developing evolving ecosystems with their clients thorough leading-edge technologies.
The role will align on delivery approach, tools and processes with other accounts, sharing good practices, excellence in understanding application engineering processes and supporting technology solutions initiatives where relevant. Accountable for ensuring quality, timing and financial delivery objectives are met by the team.
The role reports to a Delivery Director, works closely with client partners and business unit heads and leads the execution team.
This role offers a wide salary range from £65000 to £90000 per annum depending on experience and skillset.
- Management of demand planning, forecasting, budgeting, planned VS actuals reporting and prioritisation of project work within the team.
- Define, lead and monitor all team delivery ensuring adherence to delivery methodology, quality and architectural principles, to deliver business goals and minimise technical debt.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in methods, technology choices and skills by challenging, innovating and evolving the status quo.
- Delivering compliance and improvement to customer SLAs/KPIs.
- Point of escalation from clients perspective for delivery issues.
- Line management of large groups of team members onsite and offshore. Dealing with performance issues proactively.
- Occasional support and work with client partners on pitches providing solutioning and mainly delivery-driven inputs to win new deals. Understanding of client's strategic objectives.
- Project scoping - ability to lead and scope new areas of work and engagements for clients
- Estimation - capable of developing and reviewing solution delivery estimates
- Risk planning - demonstrating proficient active management and mitigation of delivery risks, issues and opportunities
- Project management - qualified and certified in contemporary project delivery approaches including agile engineering
- Production support - review and track the SLAs and provide delivery governance
- Project tracking, control and reporting - including best practice agile metrics, reporting and analysis
- People management - allocation and delegation of activities to the right people, plan and mentor the team in competency development as per organisational guidelines. Drive process related to reward in line with company policy
- Building teams - strong ability to build and engage teams in support of client outcomes
- Agile - Expert understanding of Agile delivery frameworks, processes, practices tools and why they are important. Certified in one or all of SAFe, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Professional
- Digital - Strong understanding of digital product development, usage and application
- Technical background - Strong handling and leading day-to-day matters inherent to all aspects of the SDLC, able to translate these in managerial / non-technical terms to senior stakeholders. Sound knowledge of application architecture, data architecture, infrastructure and business process. ITIL or TOGAF are desirable but not mandatory.
- Leadership - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence stakeholders. Strategic thinking and first class organisational skills.
If you are interested in this Technical Delivery Manager role, please apply and we ca schedule a conversation.