Our client is a global science technology leader and they are looking for a Senior System Administrator on a permanent basis
You will join their global HPC and Digital Platform team!
You need a proven track record across a wide range of activities connected to an HPC and Cloud environment and will focus on developing our DevOps environment, transitioning from older IT Ops approaches into a more Agile way of working. It will help lead that transition by demonstrating best practice, and through coaching and development of existing staff.
Day to day the successful Senior Systems Administrator will:
- Improve and develop their systems, technology, and infrastructure, alongside providing third line technical support;
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
- Make sure the operational maintenance model, and the tools used, are efficient and well-designed.
- Understanding the client's needs and converting this into technical solutions is important as well as the continued stability, availability, and performance of the platforms.
The successful Senior Systems Administrator should have the below skills/experience
- Minimum of five years' experience in relevant fields.
- ITIL Foundation level certification is desirable
- Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related computing subjects is desirable
- Extensive levels of Linux administration, preferably in an HPC environment
- Good experience with Agile Project Management
- Fast and effective problem-solving skills and a methodical approach to work
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
- Knowledge of some of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Openstack, FAI, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Docker, Zabbix etc.- desirable
What can they offer you?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app - puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes - gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
- Sponsorship of visas/comprehensive relocation packages
They are Flexible
- For this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a remote scheme, with occasional working from their Redhill office based on business needs.
- Bank Holiday Swap - our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Buy & Sell Holiday Programme - you can buy extra holiday, sell unused holiday or even save it up!
- Relaxed dress code policy
- They Care about the Environment
"We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals."