We are currently recruiting for a Lead architect for the nations broadcaster who has the largest reach, exciting tech stack/projects and who thrive off innovation, so you do you want to work on projects and tech that are used/viewed by the whole country?
We have multiple lead architect roles to work collaboratively but areas include:
The key role will be responsible for overseeing the architectural design of the organization's account, comment, moderation, and notification capabilities, guiding their development and evolution to support the growth of the organization.
Architects at this organisation are integrated into cross-functional, agile teams. They will collaborate with product, delivery, editorial, engineering, data science, business analysis, and user experience specialists, as well as key stakeholders, throughout the development process.
In addition, the architects will work closely with other architects in the Product Group to contribute to the strategy for the services that manage content and metadata and audience data.
The ideal candidate will act as an advocate for the needs of users of these capabilities and have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences, including data professionals and machine learning users, as well as the broader engineering community.
This client is committed to promoting fairness, respect, equality, dignity, and freedom in the workplace, and as an equal opportunity employer, values diversity and all its benefits. Candidates are selected for positions based on merit.
You may have experience in some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
* Demonstrable data architecture experience delivering production systems, including real-time data platforms, in cloud environments.
* Strong understanding of modern approaches to data engineering and the best approaches to solving real-world data problems.
* Experience in creating evolvable data models around key data entities and creating an inventory of the data needed to implement solutions
* Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary delivery team of product managers, engineers, and analysts to ensure delivery of an architectural strategy.
* Experience building ETL/ELT pipelines, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouses
* Experience of collaborating across organisational boundaries to align work to agreed strategic direction
* Experience evaluating existing and emerging technologies and their potential uses to support delivery of business value.
* Experience in developing and advocating data strategies.
* Knowledge of event driven architectures, near-real time stream processing and batch processing.
As an organisation they support and encourage all our colleagues in gaining new skills and experiences.
Do you have these attributes?
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence change.
* Help teams choose the best solution to complex problems.
* Ability to communicate at all levels and translate technical jargon for non-technical staff.
* Ability to devise strategic vision and to articulate that vision to all audiences.
* Ability to make informed choices based on empirical evidence
* Able to work collaboratively and maintain effective relationships at all levels within an organisation.
* Self-motivated with the ability to inspire others with energy, drive, and desire to achieve goals.
* A passion for learning and self-improvement.
What can they offer you?