Seeking an Infrastructure Architect for a Leading UK-based Organization - HYBRID - 2 days a week on site
We are currently in search of an experienced Infrastructure Architect for a permanent role with our client, a prominent UK-based organization functioning as a central communications service provider. The Infrastructure Architect works within the Chief Technology Officer organization and reports to the Lead Solution Architect/Head of Design.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the infrastructure is translated into practical implementations that are effective and efficient. The Infrastructure Architect (technology) owns the system vision and ensures that, as the tech-refresh project passes from inception to delivery, the principles underlying the design remain consistent, and that problems identified in the transition to live operation are resolved without compromising that original vision.
Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Architect:
- Responsible for the infrastructure components of the solution, including Self Service Interface, Key Infrastructure, User Interface / gateway, Codes of Connection, SEC, and GBCS, and adoption of these services into the cloud platform.
- Ensure that system requirements are effectively translated into solutions, including reviewing and owning the architecture and its evolution, as well as assuring Service Provider-provided infrastructure design documentation.
- Ensure that the solutions (infrastructure, products (COTS), Software's, licenses, cost, etc.) are implemented in a way that meets the original requirement.
- Resolve issues that lay behind the system requirements.
- Ensure that change requests to requirements are coherent and that they integrate correctly with the wider systems.
- Ensure service providers meet the needs identified in the Change Requests in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Facilitate the handover of Infrastructure and design process material and knowledge transfer to the Design and Assurance function.
- Provide continuity of solution design and knowledge transfer.
- Support the design and development of operational processes, aligned with Service Provider contract requirements.
- Subject Matter Experts and key technical interface to FSP and IT Service provider.
- Test Assurance Leads, Commercial, Regulatory, and Security teams.
- Responsible for communicating with vendors to negotiate third-party contracts for hardware, software, and other cloud technologies.
Skills & Experience Essential:
- Ensure adherence to Infrastructure, Network, Security, and Cloud Standards.
- Strong technology experience with respect to different infrastructure products, Cloud Adoption, and a platform-agnostic design approach.
- On-premises infrastructure/Cloud Data Admin expertise and understanding of key technology risks and mitigation approaches.
- Experienced in applying architectural tools (e.g., BiZZdesign, Archi) and methods.
- A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing their time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and work using their initiative and drive.
- Creative problem-solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify, develop, and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing, and people skills.
Skills and experience Desirable:
- Leading cultural change for cloud and the latest technology adoption within the company.
- Developing and coordinating infrastructure (on-premises)/cloud architecture.
- Developing a cloud strategy and coordinating the adaptation process.
- Establishing best practices for infrastructure management and cloud across the company.
- Selecting infrastructure/cloud providers and vetting third-party services.
- Overseeing governance and mitigating risk.
- Existing/established relationships with Service Provider and customers.
- Previous Infrastructure architecture experience in telecoms and/or utilities.
- Minimum 5 years of design and development experience using technologies Linux, Java, IBM product suite, open source products, Apache Ignite, Docker, Thorntail, Wildfly, NGINX, F5s, HSMS, Kubernetes including CNI management, AWS/Azure, Java EE, PKI solutions, microservices, Virtual Private Cloud design, public internet networking including cross-site networking, multi-site load balancing, DNS, auto-scalability, system management, Remote Access Services, telemetry.
Benefits of Joining:
- Competitive salary: £75,000-£81,000
- Bonus scheme (20%).
- Pension plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Car allowance (10%).
- Extensive personal development and training opportunities.
- Hybrid working: Option to work 1 to 3 days in the office.
- Flexible holidays: Opportunity to increase your standard 25 days by purchasing extra days.
- Dental plan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Complimentary Headspace membership: mindfulness app.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- Charity days.
- Retail discounts.
- Discounted gym membership.
- RAC discount.
- Income protection scheme.