Our client is a global geoscience technology leader and they are looking for multiple High-Performance Computing Engineers and Architects
This role requires a proven track record across a wide range of activities connected to an HPC and Cloud environment and will focus on developing our DevOps environment, transitioning from older IT Ops approaches into a more Agile way of working. It will help lead that transition by demonstrating best practice, and through coaching and development of existing staff.
- Improve and develop our systems, technology, and infrastructure, alongside providing third line technical support;
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
- Make sure the operational maintenance model, and the tools used, are efficient and well-designed.
- Understanding the client's needs and converting this into technical solutions is important as well as the continued stability, availability, and performance of the platforms.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a remote scheme, with occasional working from a Redhill office based on business needs.
What we are looking for in a HPC Engineer
- Minimum of five years' experience in relevant fields.
- Experience with Incident Management, puppet, scripting in shell, bash etc virtualisation
- Troubleshooting, Jira, Ansible, Zabbix - nice to have
- ITIL Foundation level certification - ideal
- Extensive levels of Linux administration, preferably in an HPC environment
- Good experience with Agile Project Management
- Fast and effective problem-solving skills and a methodical approach to work
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- Effective communication
What can they offer you?
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app - puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes - gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
- Sponsorship of visas/comprehensive relocation packages
They are Flexible
- Flexible Working - through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap - our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Buy & Sell Holiday Programme - you can buy extra holiday, sell unused holiday or even save it up!
- Relaxed dress code policy