Our client is a global geoscience technology leader and they are looking for 3 Postgres Database Administrators
This role is works in the Data Hub. We are seeking an experienced and versatile Database Administrator with a preference for PostgreSQL to join our expanding team of database engineers.
You should be a proactive individual who is enthusiastic about database architecture and possesses a strong understanding of best practices in database design and administration.
In this role you will be responsible for constructing, managing, and setting up distributed database systems for our clients, ensuring adherence to change control, performance tuning, and disaster recovery best practices.
Familiarity with Azure services is advantageous, as you will be engaged in deploying and overseeing these databases in Azure. While there may be opportunities to assist with Oracle administration, the primary focus will be on Postgres, making prior experience in this area highly beneficial. However, if you are willing to learn and advance in this domain, it will be considered as well.
Qualifications required for the Database Administrator:
- Proficient in database administration, with strong skills in either PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Strong SQL capabilities and the ability to optimize queries, preferably in PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Knowledge of database design principles
- Familiarity with one or more procedural languages, such as PL/SQL/Oracle or PL/PgSQL
- Experience in version control
- Competent in Linux administration and basic shell scripting
- Understanding of CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) practices
- Strong problem-solving abilities with the capacity to think both strategically and tactically.
- Experience with spatial data management
- Familiarity with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools
- Knowledge of Liquibase for database version control
- Background in software engineering and adherence to best practices
- Familiarity with Neo4J and non-relational databases
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Knowledge of Kubernetes for container orchestration
- Understanding of Docker for containerization
This role can offer sponsorship and support on relocation.
Hybrid working is a must
3 days a week at North Wales or Crawley
What can they offer you?
- £34,000-£48,000 Depending on experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme (10-12% Bonus)
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app - puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes - gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
- Sponsorship of visas/comprehensive relocation packages
- Flexible Working - through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap - our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Buy & Sell Holiday Programme - you can buy extra holiday, sell unused holiday or even save it up!