PMO Lead role, fully remote
I am currently working with a global consultancy who are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced PMO Lead to join their established Project Support Services (PSS) team. This nationwide PMO function delivers diverse services across Portfolios, Programmes and Projects for both clients and the company.
Working to support their internal and external clients you will take responsibility for establishing and maintaining an effective, efficient delivery of PMO services to your assigned Portfolio/Programme.
The role requires a proven PMO professional, a self-starter who is motivated to take responsibility for managing multiple tasks to control the change lifecycle, from initiation through to delivery and finally to project/change closure. A proactive, client focused approach, where the ability to communicate and partner with multiple stakeholders - within a range of Programmes and Portfolio - is crucial. Exceptional communication, influencing and organisational skills are, therefore, essential combined with the ability to work independently under your own initiative.
This role PMO Lead role is fully remote and it is offering a salary range between £40000-£45000 per annum plus benefits.
- Support the Portfolio / Programme Manager in ensuring the required level of PMO governance and control is integrated into the Portfolio / Programme to which you are assigned, in alignment with company best practice framework.
- Maintain a forecast of supply and demand across the Portfolio / Programme, which will include Project and Work/Change Order requests. You will also support capacity planning of delivery teams and 3rd Parties, tracking resource utilisation vs. allocation.
- Process project finances at project and Work/Change Order Level, analyze variances against forecast v actuals and ensure financial cover is maintained.
- Manage Work/Change Order processes, including ensuring accurate estimates of the required costs, timescales, deliverables and assumptions are produced by the relevant business area.
- Ongoing management and monitoring of Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies (RAID) and lessons learned logs for your allocated Portfolio / Programme via regular engagement.
- Produce weekly status reports for management meetings and MI and reporting packs for executive board management meetings to facilitate fact-based decision making.
- Own the Quality Assurance of all Work Order products for your Portfolio / Programme and ensure rigour is applied in meeting the client's requirements.
- Proactively embed best practice PMO service, system, processes, tools and templates into assigned Portfolios and Programmes.
- Work as part of the PMO team to deliver high level of customer services to the Stakeholders by providing support, challenge and skills development.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the PMO Analysts.
- 5 Years experience in a Project Management / PMO environment working in a regulated industry such as banking or insurance is advantageous but other industry sectors will be considered.
- Proficient in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of P3O as well as experience in the practical set up and management of a PMO, including ongoing maintenance of the function.
- Experience of delivering complete PMO support for large Portfolios and Programmes. (e.g. with budgets in excess of £1m).
- Certification in a project management qualification is essential, such as PRINCE2 Practitioner or P3O.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS office applications including MS Word, Excel (e.g. macros, data manipulation VLOOKUPs etc. for data analysis and reporting), PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint or Microsoft Teams.
- Project milestone planning and tracking experience would be desirable.
- Strong stakeholder management capability to Executive level combined with the ability to adapt communication styles to ensure the right outcomes are achieved.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and schedules, whilst being methodical with good attention to detail and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
If you are interested in this PMO Lead role, please apply and we can schedule a call.
Thank you !